slackrepo-0.2.0, May 2015
The following new features and improvements have been added since the release of slackrepo-0.1.0 last year:
- Building in a dynamically created and destroyed chroot environment to keep your system absolutely clean, to detect bad builds and to speed up package uninstalls (this feature requires Linux kernel version 3.18 or newer with overlayfs, for example Slackware -current)
- Building as a non-root user to detect bad builds and keep your system clean (this feature requires the 'fakeroot' package, available from SlackBuilds.org) — see the FAQ
- Automatic download fallback to Slackbuilds Direct Links if the original download has gone down
- On Slackware -current, the default is to build from Matteo Bernardini's forked SBo repository for slackware-current (--repo=ponce)
- Build time estimates are shown, using a database of known build times, or the last occasion you successfully built the same package
- Automatic package backup is performed, so you can go back to the previous build of a package
- New 'lint' command allows you to test or retest SlackBuilds, source download links and package contents without building or rebuilding
- Coloured output from cmake, git, clang, mono, waf and gcc-4.9 when you build with --verbose
- Shell-style globs (wildcards) are now supported in the command arguments, so you can do things like
slackrepo build 'xfce4-*-plugin'
(As with commands like 'find', you will need to quote them or escape them, to protect them from the shell.)
- System-supplied hintfiles have moved to the directory
and are now enabled by default. Your own local hintfiles override the default hintfiles, and are still read from the directory
/etc/slackrepo/repo/hintfiles. You can disable the default hintfiles by disabling the DEFAULT_HINTDIR configuration variable.
- The SPECIAL hint has been renamed to PRAGMA (but SPECIAL is still accepted)
- Revised and additional hintfiles Thanks to Panagiotis Nikolaou for the contributions!
- sqlite database to track package revision info (the previous release of slackrepo used dotfiles)
- Simplified --verbose option, --quiet option removed